Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thoughts under the influence...


of caffeine...

Where did the first spark of energy come from that created the universe? What caused the first life forms? How did the universe change from nothingness into stars, planets, galaxies...? And why did life come about in the first place? What made the electrons, protons and neutrons in an atom? Then what made that turn into a cell? Why are there non-living things? When something that was once alive dies, where does that life energy go? Is it snuffed out like a candle, does it simply cease like clockwork or is it absorbed back into the cosmos? Is that energy retained in another vessel or does it dissipate? What caused the electrical impulses that animate all living things? And why do they end inevitably?
Is there an overarching power or is life all a matter of mechanics, chemistry and pure chance?

I don't want simple answers...(like God or science)...I don't even think I really WANT answers. It's just fun to let my mind wander like this...

I want my thoughts to coalesce and puncture the limits of my mind...

1 comment:

Mr. Bill said...

For centuries, philosophers with nothing much better do and under the influence of caffiene, have pondered the same questions.

Be careful that your head doesn't explode. That would be too much of a mess to clean up. :)