Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Things I Believe


1. All animals or any creature that has died should be buried or at least have its body covered in some way out of respect for it. I get so sad to see a dead dog on the side of the road. I found a recently dead squirrel in my back yard and I felt I needed to bury it instead of leaving it there. When our dog died in May 2008, we had him cremated and I had his ashes returned to us instead of having them scattered. I felt like would have been a symbolic throwing away of our love for him. It makes me feel better to know we still have a part of him around.

2. I want to water or take care of wilted plants that I see at stores or in neighbors' yards. When I got back from vacation, I noticed that a plant I had nursed back to health was extremely wilted, and I was so upset to see the condition it was in. It's fine now.

3. I feel like great importance should be given to what kids say, whether it is an opinion about a show or an idea they have about something. Adults shouldn't just pretend to listen and humor them.

4. No war is ever won. If one person dies as a result of a war, then everyone has lost.

1 comment:

Mr. Bill said...

I have the Lazarus touch with plants, too. :)

I agree totally with #3! In my son's toddler and elementary school years, it was funny listening to him try to tell a joke. He used to use big words and every adult loved to listen to him.

Now he's 15, and he has some solid views on life and current events. And that comes from his upbringing.

So by listening to your children, you gage where you are as an adult and parent.

Thankyoubye.