Friday, February 10, 2006

Qu'est-ce qu'on attend pour etre heureux?


What are we waiting for to be happy, the title says. Today has not been good for me, as I have felt very anxious and irritable. I had some Hot Cinnamon Sunset tea so that I could lift myself out of the doldrums I am usually mired in, and I did get a hell of a lot of housework done. BUt man, did I get in a pissy mood. I've been screaming off and on all day, and I have been in a pretty unbearable mood. Now I would love to drown my anxiety in a tankard of ale!

What I wouldn't give to have about 12 beers magically appear before me, waiting to be inhaled. THEN I would feel better. No, I'd probably get all weepy and despondent and "you don't love me" andall that bullshit. So which is worse: depression or anxiety? Depression is like a comfy old coat that weighs about 400 pounds and doesn't let you move, but it's so comforatable and KNOWN. Anxiety is like being attacked by a whirlwind of miniature serrated knives, that cut your flesh with tiny but infinitely irritating jabs. They don't kill you, but make you wish you were dead. You can't think or breathe and all you want to do is scream.

Ooh, I'm mot going to win Ms. Congeniality today, am I? More later, baby is crying.

No comments: