Sunday, June 10, 2007

December 2006- March 2007



Friday, February 23, 2007

Nice, but not home
Current mood: nostalgic
Category: Life


I like Katy, Texas. It's clean, there is a lot to do (esp. with Houston nearby) and a hell of a lot of pride in the state and just in general. But there is something missing. It's not home. Mardi Gras came and went and you would never know it here. I'm not a huge fan of parades, but it's nice to see a bit of revelry occuring just for the hell of it. People here are nice enough, but a bit distant. In Louisiana, you can say hello to a stranger in the grocery store and they would return the same greeting, often with a smile. Here, they act surprised if you are friendly, like you have something wrong with you. I miss the gentility, even if it means that I am flawed and weak for needing it.

There are a lot of things I like about Texas. But there is no place like my home sweet home, Louisiana. As imperfect as you are, I love you. We'll be back some day.

No comments: