Saturday, April 29, 2006

A question or two...

Is it an independent thought when I ask myself if I am capable of having an independent thought?

I feel like the old guy Matthias who answers the door when the centurions are lookingforBrian in Life of Brian: "My legs are grey. My ears are gnarled. My eyes are old and bent. "

I tend to get everything wrong.

Another quote comes to mind, this time from George Harrison in a Hard Day's Night.

George: "Oh, you mean that posh bird who gets everything wrong."
The Man: "I beg your pardon?"
George: "Oh yeah, the lads frequently sit around the television and watch her for a giggle. In fact, once we all sat down'n'wrote these letters saying how gear she was and all that rubbish."
The Man: "She's a trend-setter. It's her profession."
George: "She's a drag. A well-known drag. We turn the sound down on her and say rude things."

Another question: Do I really have anything worthwhile to say?
And another: Would I have the balls to say it if I knew what it was?

I have tended to live my life as a spectator, in the nosebleed section.

Oh the weltschmertz I feel! The ennui! Malaise!


And my spacebar is not working!!!

No comments: